Thursday, August 7, 2008

900 Miles on the Okie Trail: Travel Day 2

We made it!

Today was our final 5 hours of travel to Tulsa. The driving was a little rougher than yesterday due to heavy rain and sheer boredom, but we got into town successfully and we can finally relax for a little while before the chaos of college move-in begins. 

On our previous trip to the school I put the wrong address into my gps and we ended up in the ghetto of Tulsa (yes they really have one and it is quite creepy). Due to having to redirect we then had to go through downtown to get to the campus. This time we had the right address in and we got to go around the city through a very nice residential area. We pulled up to the school and ran right up to the huge praying hands statue to take our first picture at the school. We decided to get some registration stuff done in the admissions office and I got to get my ORU lanyard at the bookstore. Woot! 

Now I'm sitting in the lobby of our hotel because you have to pay for in-room internet... 10 bucks a night to be exact... I know, ridiculous. I think we're gonna grab some grub that is not fast food for once and then just chill here for the night. Tomorrow is a way hectic day with moving in and all so I might write in tomorrow night, but I don't know when I'll end up getting time. Either way keep checking in and I'll be writing more soon.

Stay Electric!

Due to driving I wasn't able to take many pics today. I'll be taking more pictures of the school throughout the week and today's pics should be on Flickr later or tomorrow. 

No comments: